Thursday 3 April 2008

Why people should stop eating McDonald?

One of the most worldwide fast food restaurants is McDonald. There are about 30,000 local restaurants of McDonald, which serves up to almost 52 million people everyday. Some of McDonald’s famous food is French Fries, Big Mac, Quarter Pounder, Chicken McNuggets and Egg McMuffin.

Is eating all this fast food good to you? What will happen to you if you were to eat McDonald everyday? Morgan Spurlock can answer your questions. Spurlock is a film maker which, made documentary of him eating McDonalds for 30 days called “Super Size Me”. He ate McDonald three times a day and spent one whole month eating McDonald. He followed three rules while he was doing this experiment. The first rule was that he can only eat food that was available over the counter at McDonalds. The second rule, whenever an employee asked him, he would have to super size his order. Finally the last rule, Spurlock had to at least eat everything on the menu once. The results of eating McDonald for one month were that he gained 27 pounds and his cholesterol rose.

I think that no one would actually eat fast food three times a day and eat it everyday. I do agree with Michelle Moran (in resource link two) because that film does seem unrealistic. I would like to say that I like to eat fast food but even I won’t eat fast food everyday. I’ll admit that I would eat fast food at least twice a week. But I defiantly can’t stand eating fast food everyday. If I were to eat fast food everyday I think, in less than a month I would get tired of it and never want to even touch fast food again.

No comments: